Monday, June 29, 2009

Summertime Tunic Progress

So, when we last left I was still working on my tunic. I had worked the 10 1/2 inches from waist up to the armholes.

Here is what it looked like on Saturday:
I went up 3 1/2 inches from the arm hole, knit 2 purl rows, then another inch. One side completed!

So needles to say I knew I could get the front side knit in a few more hours. A nice finish with the whipstitch. (another stitch I learned while doing this).So ... by Sunday afternoon this is what I had:A FINISHED GARMENT! My first. :-)

I'm not sure about the brown ribbon, however it was all I had. The DH thinks a dark blue, maybe navy would be better. Pattern: Summertime Tunic from Interweave Knits Summer 2007
Yarn: S. Charles Kyoto
Colorway: 10 Denim
Needles: US 4 & US 6 Addi Circulars
CO: 184 stitches
Mods: Waist was supposed to be 2" of K1P1, changed to 1 1/2 inches. Also, in main body I reduced to 10 1/2 inches.


PS - sorry for the not so great photos, it has been raining here every day since June 4th...and well my lights do not do this piece justice!

PPS - bunny photos returning next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment