Thursday, September 27, 2007
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
It ended up with these from dear friends...
It is hard to believe that in 3 days I will be in Florida...that would be Daytona Beach to be precise!! YAHOO! I can't wait, I really need a vacation.
Of which reminds me I need to cast on some socks. I checked out the TSA.gov website and it appears that I can bring on needles, so I was thinking socks would be a good choice. They are small and portable.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
I do have some sock yarn and was going to check out the TSA website to see about going on the plane with needles.
Friday, September 21, 2007
I hope you enjoy them! For a sneak peek here is a photo:
Off to do the final preparations for the big party tomorrow. DH has a big"zero-ending" birthday and his wife is throwing him a party!
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Well guess what I've been doing for the past hour instead of cleaning?
I need to find a club about blog addicts? OH OH maybe I should check that out on Ravelry....
Monday, September 17, 2007
I've already started freaking out about it. There is so much to do in so little time.
Not necessarily for the party, but the preparing of the house prior...oh how I'd love to shut/lock some interior doors to certain rooms in my house and let it go.
Know the feeling?
Monday, September 10, 2007
In getting there in time for plenty of tailgating, we saw some really funny sights:
- a pickup truck with it's own porta-potty on it, actual stairs w/hand rails leading up to it
- a guy trying to put together a keg style bbq grill - right out of the box. Took him about an hour, then he flipped burgers by using a paper plate?! Actually it was more than just one plate, about 4-6 as they kept burning.
- same couple trying to figure out how to plug the blender in. HELLO?!
- one guy dropped his entire beer on his shoe/foot and blamed it on the beer, quite loudly
- another guy was dancing by stomping, it looked more like a kill that bug, kill that bug...can you visualize it?! LOL
- there were tiki bars, generators (dude above should have thought of that), more straw skirts I've seen in years, and the ages went from high school to collecting SSI (and I am curious on what population was actually smoking the grass)
I could go on and on...I just get so much enjoyment out of watching other and making fun of them.
I didn't get much knitting in. Although as for house improvements, we finally have all the baseboard molding done in the bathroom. It looks so nice! It is amazing what we've been able to accomplish in a few weeks.
Friday, September 7, 2007
As for the shawl, it is coming along. I got another inch or so done today. I had dropped two stitches, so it was a bit of a challenge to pick up the two stitches without my crochet hook, but I finally got it.
Tomorrow is the Jimmy Buffett concert. It is finally here! Let us keep our fingers crossed for the rain to hold until the final song.
I also received my Stitch Marker Partners today. Actually Robyn got them out at 3 AM!! I can't wait to spend the time reading their blogs this weekend to get some ideas for designs.
Saturday, September 1, 2007
The beads were actually taken from my bead "stash"! Yes, you can, like in knitting, have a bead stash! DH created a light under a piece of glass with paper on it to take the snapshot that filled in the word BEAD. I took full opportunity of the set up to get a couple of my recently made jewelry photographed:
This is the first piece I've made that doesn't have a design to it...just beads picked up as needed on the wire. It probably took me 30 minutes from start to finish - thank goodness for that, as I wanted to wear it with the shirt I was wearing at the time and we had to leave!
DH and I have been quite busy today. We painted one wall of our bedroom. We used the Ralph Lauren, River Rock paint. It has sand in it, so it creates a nice texture. I wanted an accent wall and well we now have it! We also took down the molding around the front and back doors and put up the new molding that matches the rest of the doors.
Now it is movie time as we are ready to relax.