Saturday, October 30, 2010

On the road to Stitches

I needed something to wear. I'm not talking clothes, since if you talk to my DH, I have plenty...I needed a knitted item to wear.

My prior hand knits had all been worn previously. I really wanted to wear something new...however, time to Stitches was ticking!!

Off to the stash...nothing was really striking my fancy. However, I found a cake of beautiful Periwinkle Sea Silk from Handmaiden on my craft table. I thought it would be perfect!!

The problem....this cake was attached to my Ishbel. Remember it's last state of being:

It wasn't going well. I made the decision to cut the cake from the Ishbel. Somehow the black cloud over this project vanished.

This yarn was meant to be turned into my new project for Stitches.

Off to Ravelry. The pattern I had in mind was Icing by Samantha Roshak.

I had a few days to pull this pattern off...it was going to be so close. I decided to take the day off before our trip to Stitches to make sure I would have plenty of time to finish and block it.

As you can see I finished it!

Off to Stitches I go.

Stay tuned for stash enhancements tomorrow!


Pattern: Icing by Samantha Roshak
Yarn: Handmaiden Sea Silk 150g
Colorway: Periwinkle
Needles: Knit Picks Harmony US 7
Mods: Added ~75 rows to center section

No comments:

Post a Comment