Sunday, January 11, 2015

2015 and a new pair of socks

I found this yarn from following Susan B. Anderson's blog. The dyer is Desert Vista Dyeworks and you can find her shop here.
It is nice, bright and very cheerful! I fell in love with the colors, and even though it was wool I decided to purchase it anyway. I have grown up thinking I was allergic to wool, so I figured if it turned out I couldn't work with it, I would give it away.

When it arrived, I took it out of the packaging and held it for a while, put it back into the plastic bag and into the larger stash bag it went.

Fast forward 3 months, to this past Wednesday, I just decided to take a chance and just start knitting with it. I had come home from a long day, in which it was in the double negative digits from the wind chill, and went stash diving. I found this near the top of the stash bag and felt it was just so cheery and colorful during this dismal weather day.

I ended up putting it on my swift and making it into the cake. I took the time to run it through my fingers and I remember saying well, if I have a reaction it would be quite the ending to this day!

The next night I knit what you see here. No big reaction. Hmm.

Now, I'm not going to say I'm not not allergic/sensitive to wool, as I'm being cautiously optimistic. I know in the knitting community there are many opinions on the word allergic as well as fibers or the dyes, or the wool wash, this isn't the forum I'm going to go into all that. I'm only going to write about my experience.

Time will tell. In the meantime I'm really enjoying these stripes!

Details:
Yarn: Desert Vista Dyeworks Visio
Colorway: Tiki Bar, 6 Stripe
Yardage: 462 Yards
Needles: US 2MM (of which I wish I had gone down another size)
Ravelry Page

No comments:

Post a Comment