Saturday, July 7, 2007

Ode to a mentor

I received news on Friday that has made me quite sad. One of the higher-up females in the company I work for is leaving. She has been a mentor for me for quite a number of years as we work very close on a day-to-day basis. The opportunity she has been offered is fabulous and I am happy for her. However...I'm still sad for the rest of us. She has been quite an ally in many items we have had to deal with and I will miss her terribly.

Our VP is going to announce it on Monday morning...I already feel like calling in sick.

On to a better front before I start losing it again, knitting! I was able to have a couple of hours of knitting time today and got quite a lot accomplished. Although I haven't taken a picture of it to post yet. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment