Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Purchases

I don't know where my head has been lately. Somewhere between the "...port of indecision and southwest of disorder..."

I've made a few purchases from The Loopy Ewe. I found a new Sea Silk in the colorway Cosmic Dawn that I just could not pass up. I also purchased my first pattern for a set of wrist warmers. It is designed by Monica Knits and you can see it here. Sheri was having a LG bonus, so I was sent a Loopy Ewe stitch marker and a sock pattern for free. BONUS!

I'm working on another neck cozy. I really enjoyed the way Gram's knit up, so I'm making another one. This time instead of the bamboo I'm going with the Sea Silk. I'm using the same pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.
I'm also working on my shawl. Although that is taking so much longer. I was reading a knitting book the other day and it make reference to the fact that we, as knitters, will complain more about casting off 100 stitches than CO 10 stitches and knitting 10 rows. How true is that? I really feel it has to do with progress, if I did 10 rows it seems like I accomplished a lot more than 100 CO stitches. In this reference, I have found the reason for why my shawl is taking so long!

I've also been reading the latest Jodi Picoult books. If you haven't read them, I highly recommend them! Although, they do slow knitting progress down! :-)

Ms. B has also been spending time with me just 'chillin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment