Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1

Hmmm, April Fools Day. What a day.

My boss got me REALLY good today. I had it all planned I was going to go into the boss' office and hand him and envelope and say "DH took a job across the country, so, here is my notice." However, before I had a chance to do that this took place:

I had given my boss a PTO (paid time off) slip. I'm asking for a day off in like 6 weeks. I needed him to sign off on this form that it would be approved (ie: paid!).

As he was leaving the office for a meeting, I got it handed back to me and he continues to walk away. I notice a couple of things at the same time, he signed the 'Not Approved' line and listed the following comments:

"This is INAPPROPRIATE!!!! All this time off in light of your productivity? We simply need more effort from you, 1. More knowledge!!! You need to start being more involved and not just sitting in your cubicle surfing the web!!!!!"

Needless to say I didn't know what to say as he proceeded to walk away, he turned around long enough to give me a smirk and at that point I yelled "You forgot to include the line about eating Bon-Bons!"

I HAD BEEN FOOLED BY MY OWN BOSS! I think the thing that is irking me is that he got me before I got him. Hmpf.

I understand that most of you who read this do not know what I do during the day. Let me sum it up for you. I'm a salaried employee. I had to lay off 2 staffers back in November, they have yet to be replaced. We are now in the busiest time of the year. One of my other employees had to take some personal time off - family emergency thing. This has led me to working on average 11 hours a day for the past 3 weeks! Most days I am not even taking a lunch.

So NOW you can see what my boss was referring to. As I left tonight (yes after 11 1/2 hours) he said "If you want to give me a new PTO slip I'll sign it correctly.' I replied with "Maybe now I'll ask for the entire month off!"

Since I've been working SO much, it has not left much time for knitting.

I leave you with your bunny photo. This one seems quite fitting to my life right now, feel like I'm holding on for dear life!

No comments:

Post a Comment