Saturday, August 8, 2009

Vacation Tale - good shop, not so good shop

We are back! That vacation was well needed! The weather was perfect, in the 70's every day and only one day with high humidity. This was our view from the living room every night:You can actually walk down a path by the trees on the left (see above) and it brings you to this:A huge rock that allows you to sit, reflect, knit, chill, lose track of time, feel the ocean, hear the waves, watch the lobster traps being pulled up, you name it...until it was time to go eat and SHOP!

I had scoped out two yarn shops that were easy day trips from where we were staying. One was Purl Diva. Ellen has a great store! I found some wonderful cotton/silk yarn from Misti International. The feel of these are destined to become something warm, I'm thinking hat and mittens?! Time will tell. I couldn't put it down as I walked throughout her store. Of which was funny, since I was wearing a navy polo shirt, which I realized when I got to my car that I was wearing fuzz from them all over the front of my shirt!

Her employee "C" was so friendly! We were talking about her running the past 10K in the area and about the nice weather that had finally arrived in the area. I was bummed I didn't actually get to meet Ellen. I'm sure there will be a next time.

Ellen had turned the kitchen area of the older home into a great book nook! Even the DH found a comfy place to sit while I went through the store a few times. This is the kind of store, if I had one, I would want it to be modeled after....room after room of yarns, friendly employee, selection and selection for wool and non-wool lovers alike.

All in all, I would give it a 5 skein rating! I recommend you stopping in and saying hello if you are in the Brunswick, ME area.

We also stopped in at another yarn store, that shall remain nameless. One word: SNOTTY! We walked it and immediately felt like we had not dressed up enough. I felt I should have worn high heels and a dress - definitely NOT vacation attire (khaki capris & a polo short!). This is not what a yarn store should feel like.

We will NOT be going back to this store. I'll stick with Purl Diva, thank you!

I have a few more things to share, however the laundry needs to be taken care of.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment