Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birthday Arrival

In reading Joan's blog, Wool Free and Lovin Knit I found another sheepless yarn I wanted to try. It was made by the Great Adirondack and called Bamboo Fingering. It is a cotton and bamboo base in some great vivid colors.

Of course, then I searched the internet and found only a few shops online that carried this particular yarn.  One of the places I stumbled onto was Ewe Need Yarn. As luck would have it, the color that I just had to have was out of stock.

A couple of emails back and forth to Terri and yarn was on order. Of course, by then I had found another color that I needed. Terri was great throughout the ordering process, keeping me in the loop of what information she had received from the company through frequent emails.

My order arrived in time for my birthday, so it has become the birthday present to myself. To introduce themselves:

You see the Pansy and the Mixed Berry colorways. Since each of them come in at 990 yards a piece I plan to make a Clapotis with one. The other is to be decided.

So, hop on over to say hi to Terri, but better yet buy some yarn!


In knitting news, I have completed the straps on my Frock Camisole, however I'm still working on the back. I'll have pictures of the progress next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment