Friday, December 31, 2010

Last year you saw the ring...

that would be referring to my sister's engagement ring. This year (okay technically it isn't 2011 quite yet!) she is getting MARRIED! Needless to say we are all thrilled!

In finding out what I would be wearing I wanted a little something to wear at the reception. A couple weeks ago I found at The Loopy Ewe some Handmaiden Sea Three in ivory. I thought that yarn would be perfect to make a simple shrug from.

Of course it doesn't take long to find the right pattern with Ravelry at your fingertips. Pam Allen calls it the Little Silk Shrug.

CO we go. This is a great 4 repeat pattern that is just flying along. There will be no problem finishing this in time for her big day!

After 2 solid days:
I'm roughly 14 inches into it. I do have another 12 inches to go, at least. This yarn does grown upon blocking, so my hope it that it will be nearly to my elbows.

...and with that 2010 is coming to a close and I'm off to celebrate.

I wish you a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment