Monday, March 28, 2011

Day One: A Tale of Two Yarns

If you've read this blog through the years you already know my love of Handmaiden Sea Silk. I'm allergic to many fibers so I've found this is my favorite in which to knit my many lace projects with. I love the stitch definition it provides, and I find blocking my projects really make them shine. The yarn is just overall a delight to work with!

This is my Handmaiden Sea Silk in the Blackberry colorway.


However, I decided to try the Handmaiden Sea Three. I figure I loved the Sea Silk so much, I would really like this one...it's thicker cousin!

These are two skeins in the Twilight colorway.

It is comprised of the same material, however just spun to a different weight (Aran). I'm not as big a fan of this weight.

I knit my Saroyan Shawl from this and just find it too heavy. While the yarn is lovely to work with and just sails over the needles I'm going to save the rest of my Sea Three for scarves.

There lies my Tale of Two Yarns.

Stay tuned for our topic of the day tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment