Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bakersfield Shawlette

I started this shawl last week. I wanted to do a sideways shawl and in searching my Ravelry Que, I noticed a few patterns from this designer. So, I purchased all her patterns in an e-book.

I have had this Panda Cotton yarn in my stash for a couple of years now (yes I admit that!). I thought the colors would work with a nice black sweater and/or blouse that I own or even a dressing up to my black jacket during the fall.

My concern was knitting a sideways shawl up with a yarn that has a bit of elastic in it. I was concerned about how the edges could curl.

....so I blocked it early on Saturday and put it in front of a fan.

It did retain it's shape well, so onward I went.

This is what it looked like by Saturday night (in all fairness all day on Saturday was primary spent knitting
Today I was hoping to get it finished, however there were others things to do. (like all those items I failed to do on Saturday!)

The way this is knitting up I'm sure I'll have it finished in a day or two.

Pattern: Bakersfield
Yarn: Panda Cotton
Colorway: Sable
Needles: Signature US 6mm

No comments:

Post a Comment