Saturday, June 23, 2007

No Sheep Swap Package

Have I mentioned yet that I love receiving presents? I do also like giving things and matching a present to them...but nothing beats going to the post office and seeing a yellow slip. A yellow slip means there is something bigger behind the counter. OH OH OH what could it be? In the short walk from our box to the counter your mind races, oh could it be what I ordered for myself, or ordered for someone else....but NO it is something even better, a surprise gift for me. I participated in the No Sheep Secret Pal Swap, where you pick two skeins and mail one out to your downstream pal in June then again in July. With my allergies I do not have to worry about receiving something that I'm allergic to, so I was all game for this swap.

So, without further ado...

Two words: Schaefer Yarns! This one is named Sandra. It is such a pretty combination of colors, my blues/greens are covered with a very fitting brown/black. It is definitely a yarn that I would have picked out myself. I can't wait to find a pattern to use this up! I love it!

Also - the little bags are different types of yarn, clearly labeled with name and kind for future yarn purchases. I mentioned to my DH when I found these in the box that is was a wonderful idea! I wished I had thought of it.

The card you see is from the state of Washington, with a note from the sender (aka "-me") who says she has been to Mt. Rainer. The photo was taken by Lee Mann. This one is going in a frame...(to my secret pal - I frame cards that I really like and have them throughout the house).

Also I received some Washington State honey! Yumm...this is going to be going in the next loaf of bread I make.

Finally, I know she sent so much, where handmade stitch markers. They go with the yarn and my OCD/anal retentive side loves them - as they match the yarn!

WAY TO GO secret pal! This was a great package to start my weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment