Monday, June 11, 2007

The rest of the mail...


Well now that Ms. Dottie has had the top of the blog for a couple of days now, I can show you what else came in the mail on Saturday.


I received the longer needles I needed to start my shawl. I thought I had ordered bamboo, but I messed up...one of those things where the cart you saved wasn't the cart you ended up cashing out with. My mistake, I get it.


So, I have size 4, 4.5 and 5 aluminum needles. It became quite clear to me once I started knitting my gauge square that knitting Sea Silk with these was going to be a challenge. Can you say slippery?


I'm taking it slow. Yes, I have dropped a number of stitches, almost each row. However, I've been able to recognize it right away and able to get them back no problem, just the frustration factor.


The DH was gone for quite a bit on Sunday, so I was able to get 12 rows done. Not bad. I'm not happy with the way the photos came out, so you'll just have to come back to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment