Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Only Tuesday

So, you ask what have I been up to you ask? I'm still working on my shawl. It was exciting a few days ago when I tried it on and both ends touched as I wrapped it around me! YAHOO! I still have another foot to go or so...I'll get there.

I've been eating up a storm. Call it stress eating. First my dear friend dropped off a care package on the loss of our Emily. In the package was tissues, Russell Stover chocolates, bottle of wine, and a few other things. Well these chocolates are hitting the spot!

I was then out on the road visiting a client and stopped at a local homemade candy store. Can you say $29.75 later?

I've also managed to eat and entire package of Twizzlers in the past 3 day! Yes, that is a full 16oz of a "makes mouths happy"candy!

We also received the final bill for Emily-bun. It was tough to have to pay that, as expensive as it has been. It hit a bit hard today, know that she is gone and I just want her home. I called the accounting department first thing this morning to pay the final balance. The call ended with this:
Me: I wanted to make sure the bill was paid in full, so when her ashes come back we can get her home right away.
Tufts: Oh they will call you right away when she arrives. We take deliveries on Wednesday and they are running 2-3 weeks out.
Me: So, I could look at being called tomorrow or next Wednesday?
Tufts: Yes. You will be called and at that time you can let the person know if you will be picking her up or if you want her mailed.
Me: Mailed? What?!
Tufts: Oh yes, we can mail her to you, if you prefer. There is no additional charge for this.
Me: Huh? You mail through the USPS? (insert a surprised chuckle here)
Tufts: Yes, we do have people request we mail their pets to them.
Me: (laughing fully now) Ummm,...no mailing will be needed. We will pick Emily up. Thank you.

How odd is that? Let us just say you are not mailing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment