Monday, October 22, 2007

Day one

Of new official job, job title and new job pay...with the same company. Interesting. I was given a "promotion" and a new job title at work. It doesn't feel like I was asked, it was more of a realignment of the company and we need you to step in here. I wonder where I'd be if I said no...

Like quite a few people have mentioned to me, I'm already doing the work I might as well have the pay and title to go along with it. I guess.

I was required to be in an upper management meeting this afternoon to pick those individuals who remain on the team and those that we need to find places for in the company. As this is the one task I need to complete ASAP. Nothing like the feeling of totally changing the course of someones life. I realize that it is a part of business, but do I have to sign off on it!?

Then, there is the issue of who is doing my work while I am at all these meetings. Keep your fingers crossed we find someone to help my department ASAP! I arrived at work about an hour late, had a doctors appt. (got a really nice sore arm from blood draws and a shot), then had a meeting, back to desk for conference call which brought me to lunch time (of which I was feeling so lightheaded - really needed food!), came back to my desk then another meeting then it was time to go home.

Time at work: 7 hours
Time at work in meetings: 3 1/2 hours
Time at work on lunch: 1 hour
Time remaining to do my 8 hour job: 2 1/2 hours
Headache achieved by all the above: Priceless.

As for knitting...what is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment