Friday, December 18, 2009

Another WIP

Here is the Baktus I am working on. It is a great knit at night after a long crazy day. I love the cheerful colors of it!Pattern: Baktus
Yarn: Sugar Bunny Boulevard
Colorway: Red Shoes in Autumn
CO: 4 stitches
Needles: Hiya Hiya US 7

The base of this yarn is cotton, nylon & bamboo. It has a great squishy feeling to it. I love that I've found a yarn that I'm not allergic to that is hand dyed!

I also am rewarding myself with casting off on my Ishbel. I've wanted to knit one for about a couple months now. However, I didn't want to get into knitting something for me when I still have some gifts to finish and get so tied up in this that I leave the other items for last minute. So, I only allowed myself to knit a couple of rows at a time in between the gifts.

So far it is working!
Pattern: Ishbel
Yarn: Seasilk by Handmaiden
Colorway: Periwinkle
CO: 3 stitches
Needles: Hiya Hiya US 4mm

I'm truly in love!

I know I say this about all my projects, but when you you see a hank of yarn, pick a pattern and start knitting...soon enough, you have this handmade item that shows itself to you as something beautiful, you can't help but smile and fall in love with it!

You knitters out there know EXACTLY what I mean.

This bunny is one of the tiny ones I have. It is only about 2 inches from tip to tail! It is ceramic and hangs beautifully off my handmade Grandfather clock (yes, made by my Grandfather!).

No comments:

Post a Comment