Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas gifts for others

I told you I've been a busy knitting elf this year! I've really enjoyed it. I feel that I have brought my knitting to the next level. Just like the f@cebook group I joined "I knit to stay sane!' While that may relate to my feelings many days, knitting for me is my calm in between my storms. I think you, even if you do not knit, can truly relate to that statement. With that said, what else did I knit for Christmas this year you ask?

I made this for my Gram:


Pattern: Baktus
Yarn: Sugar Bunny Boulevard Emeline
Colorway: Red Shoes in Autumn
Yardage: 400 yards (less than .07g left - thank goodness for the scale!)
CO: 4 stitches
Needles: Hiya Hiya US 7

As my Mom wore purple to Christmas, Gram wore red...so, this went well with what she was wearing. It was so funny, all this matching to your knitted present!


I've been asked what did I get for Christmas, well for starters my DH purchased the Knit Picks Harmony Wood Needle Set! I've started knitting a Chevron scarf with the US 4's and they are just wonderful needles! This cotton just slides right over them and the joints are just so smooth and the tips are perfectly pointy -  it is just wonderful!

The DH also gave me some Tussah Silk so I can try my hand at thrumming! I really can't wait to start that, although I have to finish this scarf and would like to finish the Tuscany shawl first!

I also received the page a day calendar by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I really enjoyed this years so I can't wait to see what she has to say next!

I'll have to share my rabbit presents next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment