Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chevron is in timeout

I needed to have a couple of days of just not working on it. It is about 2 feet in length. I'm figuring I have about 2 1/2 more feet to go before I call it a FO. I also have just over 2 more balls of this yarn/colorway -  hence the approximation.

I've been concentrating on my tuscany shawl. I've been able to really make some big progress on it the past few days. It is amazing what you can get done working on a project that you enjoy - unlike SOME projects (~cough~chevron~cough~).

If you have followed my blog for sometime you already know how much I love the Handmaiden Sea Silk. I've used it in so many projects, recently in the present for my SIL this past Christmas. This particular colorway, called pumpkin, is so appealing to me.

I love how the various shades of orange come through. You also see that is isn't a bright orange, but a warm orange. I truly can not wait to finish this shawl and be able to block it. I've seen through my past projects with sea silk how the stitch definition really comes out when it is properly blocked.

I did put this on the scale it is 52 grams. I have 48 still left in the ball. So, I'll be curious how many more rows I can go with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment