Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yarn shops in WA

Of course, even though I was on vacation I HAD to add in some yarn shopping!

This is a yarn shop in Juneau, Alaska. It was filled and I mean FILLED to the brim with yarn. There was so much yarn, you had to watch where you stepped as you walked around the shop, as many skeins were on the carpet.


After our week in Alaska, we picked up a rental car and hit the road. Our destination was Bainbridge Island.

Hello to Churchmouse Yarns & Teas. What a great yarn shop! It was nice and airy. If I owned a yarn shop this is the one I would replicate. It had such a great selection of yarns, I had a hard time choosing what would be purchased.

and of course a visit to one of my favorite author's yarn shop:

I have no idea why I'm not smiling in this photo. I had just received a hug from Debbie Macomber and was just beaming! I was in the process of cashing out with my purchases and in walks Debbie! I was a little in awe!

Remember I had met her last year at Stitches East?! I'm glad I have that photo from last year, as I didn't manage to get one this time.

Debbie mentioned that she had just had lunch at her daughter's tea room, which is right across the parking lot. So, off we went for lunch...
I had a turkey club on what has to have been the best bread I've ever eaten!

So, what did I purchase? Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment