Sunday, October 14, 2012

Stitches East 2012

Interrupting the sweater news with a post about Stitches East 2012.

The DH was my companion for 3 days. Of course I didn't totally abandon him, I had a good balance of knitting time and vacation time with him!

I did a little bit of shopping Thursday night:

Blocking Roll (have you felt how light these are?)

Polar Fleece kit (*not in photo) & extra skein
The Sassy Skein - hat kit
The Sassy Skein - Jelly Fish Yarn
The Sassy Skein - dress pattern
Circulo Tecido Trico Yarn
Classic Elite Yarn - Verde Collection Allegoro
Valley Yarns - Goshen
Handmaiden Sea Silk - Wine
Handmaiden Sea Silk - Tourmaline
The Uncomplicated Knitting Machine book

Not bad! I mean it could have been much worse!!

The class I took this year was Fixing Mistakes in Lace Knitting by Brooke Nico. I would recommend taking her classes. She is a fun instructor, who explains things a few different ways to make sure everyone gets it. I learned a few ways to fix things. I hope in having learned what I did, I can finally tackle that Ishbel (version 4!). 

The DH and I also ate quite well, there was Salmon, Grilled Chicken, Rotisserie Pork, hamburgers, Chicken wrap, Brick fired Pizza....and who can forget delicious desserts:






Hartford, CT is such a great city to walk around in. We had some great daily walks around the Riverfront area and the bridge. Except for that one night that it was FREEZING!!

We will have to see if we can make it there next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment