Friday, January 2, 2015

Final Project of 2014 and it wasn't my socks

So, you probably know I finished my blueberry socks on Christmas Eve (see prior post). Well, they were not my last project of 2014.

My oldest niece, just a couple of weeks prior, had asked for a pair of fingerless mitts. I think it went something like a FB post stating these are nice looking....how could I resist knitting up a pair.

The pattern in her request and the yarn color wasn't going to work together, so I chose another pattern (took a big risk in this if she was even going to like this) and then had to change the yarn since the swatch I did in the new pattern didn't work well with the yarn (it wasn't going to be warm enough).

Talk about not only changing her requested pattern AND yarn. This might be an epic fail.

Well, we celebrated with her yesterday....I think she likes them. She put them right on and they stayed on for quite a while. Although I forgot to get a picture of her in them!

Heck, she even asked how I did the cabling. Music to this knitters ear!


Pattern: Mom's Cabled Mitts by Jessica Jensen
Yarn: Classic Elite Yarn - Sundance
Colorway: Slate Blue
Yardage: A skein for both (I need to do a final weight of what I have left)
Needles: US 6
Ravelry Page

Having knit 2 pairs of socks in a row in US 1.5 & 2 mm going to this size needles felt like I was working with pencils...although it does make the project go faster!

Since it is the New Year, I need to pick what my 'learn something new' is going to be. I have a couple of ideas, but nothing nailed down yet. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment