Friday, August 7, 2015

What a ride...

Well, we ended up selling our house in a mere 16 hours. We moved 3 weeks later. I have to admit it was a tough time for me. While I was out straight working, my DH was left to handle the last of the packing, cleaning and unpacking.

We are currently living in a house my family owns. It used to belong to my Gram and Grandpa, so it has so many wonderful and happy memories. While leaving the house I called home for 17 to move into a temporary house was more emotional that I thought it would be, I am grateful we are not in an apartment or worse.

We've been able to fit, into an already furnished home, ALL of our furnishings! No easy task, and we feel cramped and are living out of boxes & off of clothes racks...but again, it could be a lot worse.

Our focus has been on the new house. Every day there is a new development. I went on a business trip for 4 days in early summer and in those 4 days all the framing went up!

The stage we are in right now is the finish stage, painting, molding, flooring then cabinets and counter tops. We hope to be in sometime in early October.

I just hope we both still have our sanity by move in day!

As for the craft front, again glad that knitting can be a relatively small hobby. It doesn't take up much space. I have 99% of my stash in big plastic tubs that isn't readily available, so I preplanned my knitting for the summer.

I kept out the largest single skein I owned out, during our month of staging, and subsequent month of packing up.


That would be Buffalo Wool Sexy, 800 yards. I bought it at the last Stitches East I went to.

Knowing that I wanted to create a shawl and fingerless mitts that matched. I went pattern shopping to find a simpler shawl pattern.

Windward by Heidi Kirrmaier fit the bill!


More details here. It is hard to see the pattern, maybe this weekend I'll ask DH to take a better photo.

Happy Knitting (in cramped spaces)!




No comments:

Post a Comment