Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The shawl knitting has begun


Well actually the knitting was started this weekend. It just took this long to get the photo [and an awful one at that] out of the camera. This is after 4 rows.
This is going to be a long process. I'm trying to get through 4 rows a night, but with working so many long days lately it is going to be a challenge. I may have to up my 4 rows on Saturday to 20...just to catch up!
I'm working on my No Sheep Swap box to get it ready for mailing. I'm going off a theme, between the colors of what I'm sending. So, it should be interesting. I have one more store to hit this weekend and hopefully that will be it. I'll post photos and actual description when it is all together.
I did sign up for Knitting Daily. Have you? Sandi just closed a Sock Survey. I thought her results were interesting:
According to the Sock Survey, your perfect sock pattern would be:
Worked from the cuff down (70% of the votes);
For a woman (46%);
Designed in a textured (but not cabled) stitch pattern (22%);
Worked on 5 dpns (37%); and
Suitable for a variegated or handpainted yarn (36%).
[taken from Knitting Daily email from 6/13/07, see what you are missing?]

No comments:

Post a Comment