Sunday, October 12, 2014

Stitches East 2014

This household looks forward to a long weekend in Hartford every year. This year was no different.

A 4 day weekend arrived just at the right time from a lot of craziness! We enjoy walking around Hartford, eating at some really good restaurants, taking photos, and enjoying the architecture of the older buildings...and of course Stitches East!!

I usually take one class, this year was no different. I chose Toe Up Socks by Sarah Peasley. She was great and has such a funny personality! It also helped that nearly everyone in the class had knit socks before (cuff down) so the pace was really good. She would give us the next step, go around to make sure we all had it, then go back to those that weren't as familiar with sock construction.

We even make it to the photo section on Knitter's Universe on FB.


I managed to finish mine in no time. It helps that we were to bring worsted weight yarn and I used US 7 needles. It is a great way to be able to use the full hank on your socks, without the worry if you are going to run out. It also doesn't require all those pick up stitches around the gusset.

In having completed, I think 3 or 4 pairs of socks from cuff down, this is definitely going to be my sock method going forward.


By the time we got home, I was itching to start real socks, on a US 2. Much slower construction!


The yarn is Universal Yarn's Bamboo Pop which is a bamboo cotton blend. My needles are Hiya Hiya Sharp, since my Knit Picks interchangeable sets are not available in this size.

As for my stash enhancements. How about a teaser of waiting until tomorrow? I want to get back to my socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment