Sunday, December 14, 2014

Socks with a side of vacation

I'm knitting away on my socks, however a very nice vacation put a little crimp in my knitting - ie: people/boat/bird/dolphin watching, then toss in shell seeking and beach walking.

We went to Captiva Island in Florida. It was very nice! The DH took some beautiful photos of the sunsets. We found 3 conch shells and managed to get them home, along with 47 other shells, without breaking.


Below was the view from our balcony. It was so nice to have the boats all decorated. It certainly got us more into the Christmas spirit!





Let us not forget my favorite meal and drink of choice....Caribbean jerk shrimp, grilled pineapple and a lovely margarita!
As for my socks, here is where they are at:

I ended up bringing a new project with me on vacation, more on that later. Reason being I needed something mindless, and well socks are not mindless for me yet when I'm working on the increases and heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment