Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finished Objects

It is amazing what one can accomplish spending the weekend knitting!

DH had a eye procedure on Friday, which led to the past 4 days of being home. As a result of this I have not one, but TWO finished objects!

First off, my Montego Bay Shawl:
CO: 99 stitches
Yarn: Handmaiden Sea Silk
Colorway: Ocean
Pattern: Montego Bay Scarf by Amy Singer
(pattern was for a scarf, I turned it into a shawl)
Length: 60 inches

Love it, LOVE IT!!

I also was able to finish my Ruffle Scarf:CO: 200 Stitches w/YO's to create 800 by the end
Yarn: Ellyn Cooper's Yarn Sonnets Silk Lace
Colorway: Dark Pine
Pattern: Aimee's Scarf by Wrypunster
Length: 54 inches (w/ruffles)

I was SO nervous that I would run out of yarn on this one. However, I have enough yarn left that would equal the size of an American quarter worth left! Talk about close call!

Like I mentioned in my previous post, it went so much easier when I had the correct needles for this yarn!

So....what did I cast off next? I'm glad you asked. One Montego Bay Scarf coming up! I told you I loved it! I love the pattern, I love the yarn, I love how it looks....

Unfortunately, the only bunny photo I have for you this week, is more of a snack. They are made of sweet-tarts and delicious! They helped to keep my hyped up on sugar so I could finish my knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment