Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sweet Jazz

Beyond my Just Enough Ruffles Scarf/Shawl I've also been working on Sweet Jazz. I've found that if I work too long on a worsted weight yarn my hand tend to cramp and I need a smaller needle/finer yarn to work out the cramps.

Odd, yes I know. I can't help but think it has something to do with my being more comfortable working with lace weight yarns. However, who really knows.


A closer look:
Pattern: Sweet Jazz by Samantha Roshak (love her patterns!)
Yarn: SR Kertzer On Your Toes Bamboo
Colorway: Marti Gras
Purchase from: The Loopy Ewe
Needles: US 5 Knit Picks Harmony Circulars
Yardage: Pattern calls for approximately 500 yards

I really enjoy the patterns that Samantha creates. She works in short rows, along with a m1r and m1l for increases. Once you get the ease of picking up the correct stitch to m1 these stitches are a piece of cake.

She also writes out her patterns as well as charts them, so they are helpful to all knitters with a particular preference.

I find it funny that when I started knitting I couldn't stand long rows of purling, however I've become to like this. It makes for the perfect TV knitting.

After having worked on this for 5 days I'm now here:

That would be 8 rows away from a FINISHED OBJECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment